Hot Cars Cool Nights
10 a.m. – 6 p.m. June 6 in downtown Loveland, CO
Celebrate the spirit of American freedom with hundreds of unique pre-1973 hot rods and classic cars from all over Colorado and across the nation, End the day by caravanning to Thunder Mountain Harley-Davidson for a free car lover’s double feature Drive-In Movie of ‘Grease’ and ‘American Graffiti’ starting at 8 p.m.
The event, produced by The Forge, a nationally recognized custom restoration shop, is drawing enthusiasts from across Colorado and around the nation. Mike Detwiler, owner of The Forge, says that “At the heart of Loveland’s community, we have designed this small town, homegrown and high-caliber car show experience to provide a place for attendees to unite and celebrate the vintage craftsmanship of classic cars and hot rods.“ In addition to the car show, notable activities and contests include:
- Craft beer garden: Features award-winning Loveland brews from Loveland Aleworks, Grimm Brothers Brewhouse and more.
- Live music: Watch local and national bands perform including Zacharia Dean, Atomic Drifters and Blue Dogs.
- Kid’s Zone: Kid’s activities will feature a coloring contest and exciting amusement-park-type activities including a quad bungee trampoline, peddle cars, obstacle course, dunk tank and a Toddler Zone. (There is an entry fee for Kid’s Zone.)
- Pinup Girl Contest: This contest will showcase the best of the best vintage outfits, hairstyles and make-up.
- Prizes: Including a grand prize and runner-up in all categories as well as an Adult and Children’s People’s Choice Award.
- Deals and savings: At downtown Loveland businesses, food vendors and more.
Attendees are also invited to the pre-show party and grand opening of The Forge 6 – 10 p.m., Friday, June 5. Browse the shop, get a sneak peek at some vintage cars in the Hot Cars Cool Nights classic car show June 6, see classic car restoration specialists in action, enjoy Loveland craft beer and food and jam out to a Rockabilly band. Don’t forget to bring your cars to the party and show them off.
Both events are free and open to the public. Car show registration is free with an encouraged donation to Realities for Children. Additional event details and car show registration can be found at online at HotCarsCoolNights.com.